Import certification of selected high risk goods
The Ghana Standards Authority wishes to inform the General Public and the Importing Community in particular of the following arrangements concerning mandatory import certification of selected high risk goods.
Effective 1st January, 2019 the under-listed high risk goods shall be inspected and tested in their respective countries of origin to the applicable standards and a Certificate of Conformity issued by our designated agents (Bureau Veritas) before importation into Ghana.
The broad groupings of the products are:
1. Toys, games and sports equipment
2. Electrical and Electronic products
3. Chemical products (except household chemical substances)
4. Mechanical materials and gas appliances
5. Pulp of wood , paper and paperboard
6. Furniture (wood and metal base articles)
7. Construction Materials
8. Fuel/ petroleum products
9. Textile, textile articles and leatherwear
10. Mining equipment and parts
11. Glass and glassware
Please note that these arrangements will be strictly enforced in the interest of public and industrial health and safety.
For further information, please contact the Director General, Ghana Standards Authority at email@example.com or visit our website www.gsa.gov.gh
Ghana Standards Authority
Address: P O Box MB245, Accra
Fax: (+233-302) 500092 / 500231
Telephone: (+233-302) 506991-5 / 500065/6